Raleigh, N.C. – North Carolina House Speaker Tim Moore (R-Cleveland) released a statement Tuesday welcoming Triangle Global Gropu to the state following an announcement it would create nearly 800 jobs and invest $580 million to build two tire plants in Edgecombe County.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Triangle Tire to North Carolina to build their first manufacturing operation in the United States,” Moore said.
“Our workforce and business climate can help them fulfill the economic promise of such an exciting jobs announcement for the citizens of our state.”
The Triangle Tire announcement caps an exciting month for manufacturing and technology jobs announcements in North Carolina.
Other economic development deals announced in December included:
- 200 new jobs at Conduent technology innovation hub in Researregion
- 428 new jobs announced by Corning in Edgecombe and Durham counties
- 31 jobs, $6.8 million investment in auto parts plant by Linamar Forgins
- 25 new jobs in Lenoir with a $10.4 million investment by Sealed Air
- 15 jobs, $6 million investment in Clay County by Advanced Digital Cable
- 102 new jobs, $18 million investment by German company VEKA
- $55.7 million investment in Kinston facility by Spirit Aerosystems